Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) service customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. Technical teams focus is to solve various business systems and applications problems for customers, onsite engineering personnel and Authorized Service Providers on standard, specialized or complex systems.
- Position: Tier 2 Engineer – AMS Compute for High Performance Computing (HPC)
- 4+ years of experience in managing Linux servers and HPE Proliant server hardware support.
- Install, administer and maintain hardware, system software, networking, accounts, and security measures on Linux cluster configuration
- Diagnose and correct system issues, whether these be issues with correct operation or performance.
- Reinstate integrity of system as quickly as possible following an outage in order to minimize downtime.
- Triage and solve user-submitted tickets, especially when they relate to the infrastructure.
- Track resource usage using monitoring and queuing software.
- Actively participate in Knowledge Management by creating new technical documents.
- Patch system firmware and software as needed.
- Peer assistance is an added trait.
- Technical Skills
- Proven expertise with Linux operating system Redhat , Suse and Opensource flavours.
- Experience with Linux clusters
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux system administration, including OS, networking, storage, and security.
- Expertise with high-speed networking such as InfiniBand and 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Expertise with high speed file transfer tools such as file catalyst
- Familiarity with large storage systems
- Some experience in scripting language
- Experience in Server Hardware – DL / ML / Apollo series, OneView, ILO Amplifier
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interacting and collaborating across different technology teams within HPE.
- Must work towards achieving HPE’s vision for our customers.
- Affinity and a thorough understanding of support processes defined within HPE.
- Ability to work in a 24×7 environment in rotation shifts
- Exhibit ‘Customer First and Customer Last Attitude’ consistently.
- Ability to drive cases to closure and provide Case Summary.
- Demonstrate high level of technical & communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for end-to-end problem ownership and its solutions.
- Minimum grade for application – M14 and above
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status