The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for program execution of the data and analytics programs. You will also own and manage the business data product delivery to envision, develop and execute strategy partnering with Enterprise Data Management, data lake platform technology, visualization tools, business users and analytics development teams to provide the high impact analytics solution delivery. Leverages deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program ensures outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Defines execution standards and processes.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining functionality and specifying requirements
- Outline multi-generational project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
- Define execution methodologies and project management practices to be followed by all projects within the program
- Organize project teams comprising from internal and external technical and functional experts based on budget, scope and timeline
- Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with global technical teams
- Drive obsolescence and migration to the new technology of the various data and analytics product and tools in the role area.
- Drive optimization and simplification efforts on the data platforms.
- Coordinate execution across multiple projects and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
- Apply product philosophy around cost management, customer experience and capability rollout to ensure buy-in and adoption
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
- Perform initial and final financial reviews, and ensure ongoing budget tracking.
- Primary focus of Big Data technology would be on Teradata, AWS tech stack, Informatica and several visualization tools around Spotfire, Tableau, OBIEE, BOXI etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Working experience in managing program delivery in Big Data, Data Management, Business Intelligence or Data Analytics or related areas.
- Functional experience with some/any of the following functions such as Finance, Quality, Services operations, field service, commercial, marketing, and product management.
- Program/Project Management experience preferred
- Proven experience using project management methodologies to deliver business value and drive significant change across an organization.
- Experience managing budgets including budget and spend
- Knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycles across traditional data warehouses, relational databases, business intelligence reporting, and big data analytics is preferred.
- Knowledge of Big Data and Cloud (AWS), Teradata eco-systems, in developing, designing, and/or operating application development platforms.
- Experience with dealing with newer/ less matured technologies, proof-of-concepts, driving pilots, and product evaluations.
- Leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
- Influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization
- Self-starter – requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
- A track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
- Team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Analytical and problem solving skills – communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.