GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Develops and delivers detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. Helps companies develop strategies and programs related to the integration of technology solutions in alignment to business operations. Researches and recommends various technology/systems options to optimize a company function or processes. May conduct various financial assessments of technology investments (ROI/ROA, etc.). Assists companies in the areas of solutions planning, impact analysis, IT risk assessment while incorporating known regulatory issues. May help companies in the planning and implementation with assistance in the RFP process, broad architectural considerations, budgeting and project planning. May participate on client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented on an ongoing basis.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Codes programs of high complexity using high level specifications or derived logical processes in at least two or more technical platforms.
* Builds screens, windows, and reports of high complexity.
* Assists with design of a business application prototype.
* Ensures that application design and development meets standards.
* Has capability to structure medium complexity database retrieval and modification statements.
* Creates high quality – client ready Technical Documentation.
* Has demonstrated competent Project Management skills.
* Can work and solve problems in a team environment.
* Critically assesses the value of new techniques and leads in their use.
* Writes for different audiences to influence both technical and business issues.
* Performs mentoring to junior team members.
* Serves as the day-to-day technical lead on projects that do not have an Architect level individual assigned full time.
* Assists in performing project technical reviews for Aspect Quilogy Services projects.
* Participates in business development activities, in a technical capacity, as requested by Managing Consultants and Business Development staff.
* Understands all of Aspect Quilogy Services service offerings and when to appropriately use them.
* Has a strong knowledge of the test management and user acceptance process for applications.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and track medium d projects using generally accepted project management techniques.
* Reviews estimates developed by team members and ensures their accuracy and reliability.
* Assists in Preparation of SOW’s for small to medium d projects.
* Utilizes bench time appropriately to build internal projects and/or researches appropriate professional development.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Demonstrates solid experience in understanding multiple phases of the project lifecycle as well as of application development, infrastructure and database management, and understands the inter-relationship of tasks associated with each.
* Understands the work breakdown concept and applies it to current projects.
* Organizes ideas for logical presentation and acceptance.
* Is considered a thought leader in at least one of Aspect Quilogy Services core technologies and has demonstrated technical leadership on multiple engagements.
* Has an Oracle product line specialty.
* Takes action to resolve issues and owns the resolution.
* Is creative in producing an appropriate solution.
* Confronts issues, escalating them when necessary.
* Displays the ability to think out of the box.
* Adds clarity and direction to stressful situations.
* Is adaptive to changes in culture (projects and clients).
* Prioritizes work according to business need.
* Produces high quality deliverables, under pressure and within deadlines.
* Makes the best use of available resources.
* Takes personal responsibility for delivering a solution.
* Gets involved and involves others in tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
* Responds to the needs of others.
* Fosters and contributes to team spirit.
* Demonstrates consistent ownership of one’s area of responsibility and commitment to team morale and team success.
* Takes initiative to extend one’s current assignment when possible.
* Looks for other opportunities at the client that will add value to current work.
* Ability to communicate complex information to team members and clients.
* Acts as a team mentor and can lead individuals and projects.
* Strong customer service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Ability to use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways. Deliver assignments without considerable direction.
* Ability to develop resolutions to complex problems where analyses of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation of various factors and the frequent use of creativity. Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* 10 + years of experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. May prefer advanced degree.
* Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
* Ability to travel and work Out-of-Hours if required.
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.