You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Operational Risk Management is a comprehensive and integrated program. The Operational Excellence team is a key partner to the Finance organization and provides thought leadership to identify, measure, assess, report, monitor and control operational risk exposures facing American Express.
A collaborative partnership between a centralized Operational Risk Governance Group (ORGG), subject matter experts (SMEs), Business Unit partners, and the Operational Excellence teams enables efficient and effective operational risk controls supported by the company’s operational risk framework. This framework consists of several core components including risk assessment, business and environmental internal control factors and reporting & monitoring.
The Manager COE reports to the Director, Operational Excellence – Reporting and Analytics COE. The role responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Be the key point of contact for finance by providing analytical insights around Operational Risk Programs.
- Provide extensive support to the Operational Excellence team and the Business Unit partners through preparation of Business Unit dashboards, control & compliance update to senior leadership.
- Lead a team of 1 or 2 individuals and provide regular guidance by challenging the status quo to ensure high standards of reporting
- Ensure high level of reporting accuracy and timeliness in reporting to leadership / stakeholders
- Provide strategic thought leadership by being articulate, innovative and providing a clear vision in line with the Finance Framework for Winning
- Understand and monitor Control Rating Elements on a continuous basis and proactively highlight potential impacts / pressure points to the leadership
- 4-7 plus years of experience in Finance/Accounting, Program/Project Management, Auditing, Compliance or Business/Operations functions within the banking or financial services industries.
- A graduate degree in any field is required. However, an MBA/CA or equivalent will be preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Prior Operational Risk knowledge will be an added advantage
- Strong presentation and communication skills, particularly in the development of professional and insightful messaging and reporting dashboards across all levels of management.
- Ability to navigating a matrixed environment and influence outcomes, build strong relationships with a wide variety of business partners
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.