Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Mumbai, India office:
Assistant Manager- Data and Analytics
What can you expect
- An open work culture with an emphasis on innovation and solving business problems
- Superior critical thinking skills: able to understand the business problem, and structure it to identify relevant dataset and answer through a strong visual storyboard
- Synthesis skills- Ability to connect the dots and answer the business question
- A global workplace with frequent project collaboration with colleagues across geographies
- An energetic and entrepreneurial team with a breadth of experience in areas such as data science, visualization and descriptive analytics.
- Acute thinking skills: able to understand the business problem, and structure it to identify relevant dataset and answer through a strong visual storyboard
- Collaborative approach to work, in order to work with global setup with multiple stakeholders.
What is in it for youDiscover what’s great about working at Marsh and McLennan Companies – from the opportunities that our brings, to our commitment to our communities and understanding the benefits you’ll receive. We are four businesses with one PURPOSE: helping companies meet the challenges of our time.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, we are devoted to finding diverse individuals who are committed to the success of our clients and our organisation. Joining us will provide a solid foundation for you to accelerate your career in the risk and insurance industry. You will join a team of talented professionals from across the globe which is dedicated to helping clients manage some of the world’s most challenging and complex risks. We can promise you extraordinary challenges, extraordinary colleagues, and the opportunity to make a difference.
Our rich history has created a client service culture that we believe is second to none. Our commitments to , , and sustainability demonstrate our commitment to stand for what is right.
As a Marsh and McLennan Company colleague, you will also receive additional benefits such as:
- A competitive salary
- Employee friendly policies
- Health care and insurance for you and your dependants
- Healthy Work life balance
- A great working environment
- Flexible benefits packages to suit your needs and lifestyle
- Future career opportunities across a global organisation
Preview to our current base policies:
- : Sum insured for normal delivery is INR 65,000 and C-section is INR 75,000.
- on IPD (up to full sum insured) and OPD (up to 40,000) to cover Psychiatric and related treatments
- up to INR15,000 (COVID related) covered per member
- up to INR 50,000 (COVID related) covered per member
- up to INR15,000 (COVID related) covered per member
- through Benefitme portal (one stop self-service for enrolment & tracking of claims)
Voluntary top up:
- Sum Insured options:2 Lacs, 3 Lacs and 5 Lacs
- All benefits same as baseexcept for Mental illness on OPD basis
- Although completely voluntary, colleagues would be encouraged to enroll considering dependents age & pre-existing health conditions
- Corporate buffer would be made available on exception basis only, provided colleagues have taken a top up plan
- 6 months instalment option through payroll
- New Joiners would be able to opt for Top-up upon joining within a 30 day window
We will count on you to:
- Ability to work with International stakeholders across all levels, understand business objectives and make sure any analysis and findings are aligned to those business objectives
- Willing to work on delivery of the outputs, and should have an ability to improvise and create more useful visualisation of data
- Deliver complex regular and ad-hoc analysis: Support on complex analysis requests comes from various business areas to provide insight on specific areas of interest on a regular as well as ad-hoc basis.
- Develop dynamic dashboards/ reports that provide insights and visualization into performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance, Identify opportunities for new and existing business.
- Collects and documents reporting / Dashboard requirements from requestors to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses. Uses peer-to-peer review process and end-user consultation to reduce report writing errors and rework.
- Should possess strong data analytics abilities and ability to comprehend and decipher basic Excel raw data and other data format in order to transform the data for better data analysis.
- Multi-tasking on multiple projects on tight timelines occasionally
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Analytics or Master’s Degree in Statistics/Computer Applications/ IT/Analytics /any discipline related to Data Analytics.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience mining large complex data sets, using a variety of advanced quantitative/modelling techniques.
- Experience of working with large structured & unstructured data sets
- Good understanding of various BI tools (Tableau, Dashboards Data Management, Story-telling & Visualizing.
- Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, assess business impacts, and make recommendations through use of predictive modelling, etc.
- Collaborative approach to work, in order to work with global setup with multiple stakeholders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptive to organisational culture and business environment
- Team player
What makes you stand out
- Should have aspiration to learn and grow.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work in a team.
- Should be able to work as a Team-player and adopt changes without hesitation.
- A commercial sense to apply proportionality to the depth of analytics used versus desired output.
- Ability to take initiatives to strive for improvement in analytics techniques, process and output.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We have more than 30,000 colleagues working together to serve our clients in more than 130 countries.
- We provide risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations and individuals around the world.
- Comprehensive global expertise – 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
- We serve 80% of the Fortune Global 500 and 85% of the Fortune Global 100.
- Our extensive global footprint spans approximately 500 offices worldwide.