About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company, maintains, and enhances risk and financial controls. The Controller’s Division is responsible for the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls.
About the Role
This Finance Manager (Corporate title AVP) role requires a developed understanding of Enterprise Finance and will be responsible for internal financial management reporting and analysis to support the Chief Operating Office groups with meaningful insights into the underlying drivers impacting results. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional. He/she will be a subject matter expert who will in turn be expected to lead a set of frontline managers, SMEs and specialists. This role will be responsible to manage day-to-day operations, ensure governance including MBRs, QBRs etc. Will be responsible to deliver on all agreed SLAs and key metrics and will be the SPOC for the state side based COO Finance leaders. Will be responsible to drive automation and be able to identify other transformational ideas to improve process efficiency and effectiveness. He/she will also be responsible for managing, reporting, career path and R&R related activities for their DR’s and also lead/engage and deliver towards organization level initiatives.
- Manage and direct team in all reporting and analytical activities,analyze financial data and participate in preparing and presenting financial analysis to Functional leaders.
- Manage monthly close process by analyzing and reconciling expense activity formulate monthly accruals/journal entries, utilizing various internal and vendor provided financial applications to ensure alignment with budgets and forecasts
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including forecast variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations for management review and strategic business sessions.
- Ability to synthe complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Partner with Finance counterparts across the firm to provide financial commentary and analysis regarding financial drivers and variances (i.e. actuals/forecast vs. budget)
- Partner across the firm to develop financial management solutions and toolsets leveraging best practices and creative thinking that allow for consistent/streamlined processes
- Ensure connectivity of financial data ecosystem and toolsets to optimize financial processes
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Demonstrated experience with project management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Manage and provide guidance on vendors that track and analyze vendor expenses to ensure costs are accurately captured and forecasted.
- Manage SLA’s and measure them against metrics for continuous improvements and efficiencies
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review
Market Skills and Certifications
- CA with additional qualifications like CWA/CMA or MBA (finance) from reputed institutions
- Demonstrated relationship management ability with a background in operations and technologies
- 13-15+ years of professional experience in Financial Planning and Analysis or Business Finance
- 8+years of operational experience in a GIC or a third party services organization and in managing F&A processes of at least 50-100+ FTE , (preferably BFSI Finance processes)
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication (written and oral), organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including executive/senior-level managers.
- Preferable to have prior experience in F&A solution design / transitions (2-3 years)
- Should have mandatory exposure to US GAAP
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts, methodologies and systems. (Cost Basis Accounting, GAAP, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting)
- Preferable to have prior experience in F&A solution design / transitions (4-5 years). Should have managed teams.
- Advanced systems skills required including in-depth knowledge of Excel, Essbase, and PowerPoint
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner that tells the story behind financials in a compelling way
- Confident and personable attitude with the ability to face off with senior management at all levels, influence/handle difficult messages, problem solve, and resolve conflicts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities under pressure
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems (Oracle, Hyperion, Beeline, Essbase etc.)
- Prior financial services industry experience
- Experience in moving an organization along operational maturity model curve
Experience with enterprise initiatives supporting regulatory mandates
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 65666