About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Control Director (Corporate Title – Senior Vice President), Control QA as part of Chief Control Executive organization or the Central Control team, will lead a team of control quality assurance professionals responsible for reviewing different aspects of controls management activities such as Risk & Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA), Evidence Based Controls Evaluation (EBCE), Operational Risk Events (ORE), Issue Management (IM) and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) program.
As a senior leader in Central Control team, the Control Director will also be expected to assess the current environment and identify others areas within the risk and control self-assessment lifecycle that can be brought under the purview of quality assurance in consultation with senior stakeholders.
The Control Director, Quality Assurance will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of control quality assurance professionals as they carry out different control QA assessments. The Control Director will be responsible for selecting a representative sample of each month, distributing work to the QA team, driving accountability for timely QA completion, and supporting the QA assessors in providing QA results to the control teams.
- Establish and implement Quality Assurance program and process across disciplines ensuring consistent execution
- Vocal leader in the Controls QA program who develops strong partnerships with BG and EF Control teams and delivers value by through credible observations, findings and stressing the importance of continuous improvement
- Provide quarterly reporting to Chief Control Executive organization leaders on the results of QA assessments, including quarter over quarter trends
- Identify and escalate opportunities to enhance Control program procedures and learning content based on QA trends
- Maintain all QA procedures and templates in alignment with the respective Control program procedures and best practices
- Identify other QA opportunities and enhance team capabilities to deliver on increased Assurance activities.
- Mentor/ guide team members and oversee the completion of all assurance activities and documentation from governance perspective
- Lead and contribute to activities other than BAU that are run at the group or function level.
- Build and sustain credible stakeholder relationship with Control leadership, teams and business partners.
- Identify opportunities for automation and/ or self-serve reporting to enhance the outcomes of QA across various groups within control management
- Overall 18-20 years of which 12-15 years of experience in quality assurance/ risk management and financial services industry domains could include compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management etc. with a significant component of quality assurance
- Hands on extensive Quality Assurance expertise will be an advantage
- Risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive improvements.
- Audit or internal control evaluation experience
- Familiarity with various quality assurance techniques
- Extensive experience designing and executing Control Programs such as RCSA, ORE, IM, EBCE and KRI, including the development of consistent standards and methodologies
- Expert-level knowledge of industry standards and best practices around Control Programs, such as RCSA, ORE, IM, EBCE and KRI, and quality assurance processes
- Effective communicator, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork
- Ability to develop and articulate sound proposals to key stakeholders, and an ability to influence and drive timely decision making
Market Skills and Certifications
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 65638