We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
RRSD Unit faces the Group Risk Function with a peripheral support to CEO CIB Function. It handles wide spectrum of activities to support the Enterprise Risk Analytics, Traded Risk Management, Risk & Compliance Reporting teams of the Group Risk. The unit is also currently expanding itself to support the CEO CIB Office with Credit Portfolio Management.
Traded Risk Management:
The Traded Risk Reporting team is responsible for the reporting, analytics and control of Traded Risk for the Financial Market (FM) trading books, across multiple asset classes including FX, Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Money Market, Equities, Credit and related derivatives. The is based in Singapore and the MI thus generated is used across Internal (Board Risk Committee Packs, Management Forums) and External (Regulators) stakeholders.
Market Risk Operations(MRO)
The team’s activities include production and distribution of daily risk reports, monitoring of Market Risk Exposures against limits, where applicable at country, regional, global and group level for Rates, Commodities, Credit Trading, Equities, Convertible Bonds, Foreign Exchange and Foreign Exchange Options. Maintain static data information in respective systems (VAST2 and partially in PCT) & Preparation and distribution of governance packs. To aid in infrastructure related changes/development including structural changes in EUCs which are used for generation of Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly risk reports. In addition, the team prepares Capital & Group level VaR reports that are used for external & regulatory reporting.
- Ensure appropriate BAU controls are being established within Market and Credit Risk Operations and deployed effectively in GBS.
- Support new Business requests through Product programmes and Country addendums.
- Look for possibilities of leveraging on synergy within the various process through automation thereby bringing in improvements.
- Communicate and pursue the strategic intent and agenda for MCRO.
- Assist in Maintaining and developing MCRO&rsquos capabilities, skills and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Lead the journey in automation of monitoring tools for all FM products.
- Implement adequate data quality Operational Risk Controls in BAU processes and ensure Audit readiness.
- Lead and deliver the requirements of the Group in compliance to regulatory principals
- Improve client experience through more efficient and effective monitoring of exceptions in tandem with Risk, Client Coverage and Front Office users.
- Ensure a robust and appropriate key documentation are available and updated for the risk processes managed by the team. This includes process key control, operating instructions, process performance indicators (KPI) and process risk indictors (KRI).
- Actively engage with the relevant stakeholder inâ€‘country with a view to improving and enhancing the reporting deliverables of MCRO team.
- Support the relevant committees and working group where market and credit risk has vested stakeholder interests.
- Acquire basic technical market and credit risk knowledge to be able to contribute to the understanding and be comprehensive of the significance and purpose of the risk processes performed by the team.
- Acquire knowledge surrounding the processes that are run by the team members so as to provide supervisory guidance.
- Ensure at all times sufficient depth of knowledge and staff strength in the MCRO team to maintain complete internal coverage (over holidays, absences, etc.)
- Actively engage the in-country Senior Manager to: (1) set objectives for the team and align activities to support the business in an integrated and effective manner (2) facilitate the transfer of product and business knowledge through presentations and other learning and training sessions.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate staff resource (experience and capacity) is available and manage the recruitment process for the team. Engage actively with HR in facilitating the career progression of suitable talent within GBS.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Group MTCR
- Group Treasury
- Treasury Markets
- Associated Technology partners
- Risk Teams
- Front office
- Business desks and COOs
- Participate in at least 2 days of volunteering per year.
- Participate in engagement activities of Support services and GBS.
- Be motivated and actively engage in activities like innovation and automation initiatives.
- To hold assigned roles of First Aider / Fire Warden / ADCC as appropriate and discharge the expected responsibilities.
- Training, licenses, memberships and certifications.
- Post graduates / Professional qualification with 1 1/2 – 2 yrs experience in Risk domain.
- Risk Certifications from established institutions is recommended.
- Any technical Certification in MS Office Advanced tools / SQL / Tableau / SAS will be preferred.
General Skill Set:
- Commendable people management skills, including handling professionals.
- Strong knowledge in banking products across asset classes (FX/Rates/ Equity/ Credit and Commodities).
- Awareness of trading environment, market moves & potential impact on exposures.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Be able to work in a global team.
- Project management experience and documentation skills.
- Be able to implement strategic ideas and enhance productivity and efficiency levels.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Post Graduation in Finance with relevant 3+ yrs experience
- Risk Certifications from established institutions is recommended
- FRM Certified candidates will be preferred
- Any technical Certification in MS Office Advanced tools / SQL / Tableau / SAS/ will be preferred
General Skill Set:
- Strong knowledge in banking products across asset classes (FX/Rates/ Equity/ Credit and Commodities)
- Awareness of trading environment, macroeconomic fundamentals, market moves & potential impact on exposures.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work in a global team
- Expertise in programming language is not required but good to have
- Working knowledge in MS Excel, Access
- Knowledge about Market and Credit Risk
- Documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the Group&rsquos businesses, governance structure and approach to risk management.
- Experience in team admin tasks/cost controller/project accountant role with familiarity to SCB project management standards / tools would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in Agile framework
- Significant Experience in major regulatory programs in the Risk/Finance, Banking industry &ndash BCBS,IMM,CVA etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.